well, the other week while i was home away from home(2 homes actually),my son did things that is so out of this world. our world that is... i.e.:
- he was supposed to be home early. he failed that every single day.
- he brought his friends over and did stuff that stirred our next-door neighbors. foul.
- his dad rang him and he said, "dad please don't disturb me, am in the middle of my classes" but later on we learned he cut half-day of that "class".
- we found a pawn ticket in his pocket pawning a casio calculator.(he later admitted that it is not his calcu but his friend's. as to why the ticket was in his pocket is still questionable.)
- i was called by the prefect of students to arrange his punishment for being tardy oftentimes. he was told to let me come to school for a meeting with the prefect. message never reached me until the time i was away...
- and to top it all...he drove our car loaded with friends. these are 15-year old bunch of kids who, for sure doesn't have the required number of hours driving experience and naturally without a driver's license!!!
- he sent sms to my housegirl and told her to lie if i ever called. his whole sms was forwarded to me by my housegirl that caused us to panic it goes: "ate,(respect for older girl) i got the car, no worries. if my mum would ring u up, just tell her i left my phone. don't tell her anything more. he he."
so all the while his phone kept ringing. but i got one over him. i used my friend's phone and sent him sms playing cute: " skattee(his friends call him that) how r u? u r such a snob!!!" and waited a while...no answer...no money load!!! so i rang him up still using my friend's number...alas!!!he answered his phone...and bingo!!!
i have only God to rely on moments he is away from us. and thank God nothing serious happened.
i am sombre because whatever our son does it reflects on us as parents. we have to keep him grounded for two weeks until now... his birthday and his finals as he is graduating high school this march. no birthday treats or present. that's just one of his punishments.
here are a few of his first-day-of school pix:
what is sad is that, as a mum, i knew he was so looking forward to his birthday and spend it with his friends and eat out just like how he celebrated his birthdays years before. well, it is just not happening today...and it pains me to make him unhappy on his 16th birthday.
we love you so dearly son...we just want what is best for you...we have to guide you until you are
full fledged and ready to fly on your own...
johanna rose says: alles gute zum geburtstag scott!!!, sei brav!
happy birthday scott!!!be good!
kookie says: bleeeeeeeeee!!!na na na na na na...
happy birthday kuya scott...shape up man! behave like a 16-year old now...will yah?